Yesterday, I almost got knocked down by cars rather while crossing the road. It was a close shave.
I was going to Hougang Point while on my way back from work to home. So, I reached a traffic light junction between Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 and Yio Chu Kang Rd. There was a couple in front of me riding a bicycle together. At first, I thought they had pressed the button for crossing the road. However, I realised that they hadn't when the green man doesn't appear while the traffic lights along the road parallel to the route that I was crossing. So, in an attempt to save time and seeing that there were no cars going in the direction which will intercept to the route that I was crossing, I crossed the road. By the way, the roads have 3 lanes on each direction. So, I had to cross a total of 6 lanes of road. After crossing the 4th lane, the traffic lights on the road parallel to my route of travel had turned amber and red very quickly. I noticed something was wrong when I saw the cars start to stop.
At that time, I was still in the middle of the 4th lane towards the 5th lane of the road. My mind couldn't think of what to do next at that time but my instinct told me to run to the other side of the road. I started to run towards the other end of the junction when the cars at my left started to accelerate. And while running, I noticed that none of the cars bothered to stop when they saw people still crossing halfway along the road. There was no honking of the car horns either to warn me of danger. Phew. What a close shave.
UPDATE: New bus service AC7 from Yishun to JB
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment