Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

An update

It has been quite a while since I have updated my blog. Perhaps I am lazy to update, or too engrossed in other things such as new games.

First and foremost, I have left my job as a warehouse assistant at Allegro. The experience is great, knowing how to carry big things using cool machines, knowing how to update transactions in system and physical stock, knowing how to work in the receiving department. However, I am unlucky to quit in the university vacation period and thus part time jobs are harder to find now. I am offered a surveyor job by an agency and since I hve not done it before, I might as well give it a shot to gain some experience about surveying.

This brings back the memories of surveying a couple of years back when I was doing surveying during project work. Honestly speaking, I was shy about surveying especially at the questions that I was going to inquire about. I guessed my group members at that time would know. And the place I am going to work if everything is confirmed is Changi Airport. I have been there for a sightseeing trip, but I have never been there to work.

As time flies by, I have received more letters and smses from the university about freshman's orientation, administrative procedures and my Qualifying English Test which bores me the most because I have to mug again. Having served NS for two years, my mug skill has totally rusted about current affairs even though I do read newspapers sometimes. I have also started recording some articles classified in the different various categories such as environment, social problems, poverty and so on. One article that I think is memorable is comments by former ASEAN secretary about the different interpretations when someone nod. For example, if someone nods his head while you are talking, does he mean that he agree to what you have said or does he mean that he hear you? The article relates that to Myanmar Cyclone Nargis aftermath about foreign aid. Things have to be asked specifically about what the Myanmar's government in order for foreign governments to deliver relief manpower and supplies to the victims swiftly. The illustration used in the article is great as it can be applied in a macro scale and also in a micro scale.

No comments: