It is preferable that the thing is rinsed with water before it should be recycled and things containing oil stains such as used utensils shouldn't be recycled.
Lol. In primary school, I am used to be taught about the 3Rs, Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. So, I thought that recycling is a good thing and everything should be recycled as far as possible. However, until I have joined NUSSU Save, I have learnt more things regarding the don'ts of recycling. This simple poster shown above are some information about the dos and don'ts of recycling though it is not made in Singapore.
The topic on my Critical Thinking and Writing is on the environment. This has prompted me to ruminate about the reasons why people don't recycle as much in Singapore as in other European countries according to one of the groups which is doing about recycling. One of the reasons is due to the lack of awareness about the full details of recycling. Paper can be recycled but are used paper plates recycable? Plastic bottles are recycable but are disposable plastic cups recycable?
Hope to share this info to everyone more about recycling especially to those that frequently recycle. It is not that we shouldn't recycle from then on, it is that we should take note of the finer details in recycling so that things are really "recycled".
And finally, Good luck to the tests coming up and good health too.

No comments:
Post a Comment