Uh oh. I am starting to neglect my blog. 3 weeks since I have last blogged. So, I am preoccupied with mostly academic stuffs and updates from Dota and runescape. In addition, I went on a library spree, visiting libraries at least twice a week. Why? Yah. Why?
Libraries are great places to obtain information and most importantly, it is free.
I couldn't decipher what the lecture notes and so I decided that going on a trip to library would do me some good since it is kinda of stifling to study for long hours at home or school.
I like to travel around in buses as the libraries that I usually go to are Jurong, Woodlands and Tampines.
Furthermore, it feels very satisfying to be able to find the information that I need to solve some problems. For example, I have an assignment problem that is due some days ahead. I know that assignment problem is taken from a book at a library. Therefore, though the book does not have the complete solution to that specific question, it does show an example which is a similar question of how it is done. From there, I think that I learn even better. At times, certain mathematics concepts or facts are hard to present and examples may be a better way to let students understand better.
So, what have been changed? For my life, not really much but for others, it has changed drastically, either for the better or for the worst. It is about adaptation. After one year in university life, I have learnt to adapt somehow. Learning can be rather self-driven and I am fortunate enough that there are libraries in Singapore to allow me to get "free" information.
Phew!! Adaptation is another skill that I will need to learn.
UPDATE: New bus service AC7 from Yishun to JB
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment