Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Car Driving Lesson

Hehe. I had my car driving lesson this morning. It was rather enriching as I had learnt many new things.

1. When the clutch is slightly released, the vehicle will move on its own. This will be known as free wheeling. When the speed of the vehicle is maintained, I can actualy release the clutch completely and the engine will not die off.
2. I have learnt more about right turning techniques using the steering wheel.
3. I can increase the engine revolution to 2 or to 2.5 before releasing the clutch pedal to half clutch position. When releasing to half clutch position, engine revolution will drop slightly but due to the higher engine revolution, the vehicle will not vibrate violently.

My engine dies a couple of times while making a turn and it is probably due to me releasing the clutch pedal too quickly while the speed of the vehicle is too slow. But I have managed to overcome this problem.

All thanks to my driving instructor Mr. Heng.

No comments: