Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Driving Test

Today is the fateful of whether I can obtain a Class 3 License. With a little bit of luck and skill, I successfully passed the test. Actually, I had 18 demerit points, 2 points to failure. Looking back at my test results, there is one part which I feel unfair and I shouldn't have obtained that 8 demerit points. Actually, my car has stopped at a junction between a minor road and a major road and I am at the minor road. There is a "Stop" sign over at he road. So, at the time which I have reached the junction, a lorry was approaching from the left to the right. The tester wanted me to turn right at the junction. However, I stopped at the "Stop" sign. While I was decelerating halfway, the tester wanted me to brake slow and turn right straightway. He had given me permission to ignore the rule of stopping at "Stop" sign. I wanted to wait for the lorry to pass by me before turning right. I had looked out for other cars and there were none at that moment in time. However, since the tester insisted on me turning right straightway, I turned right and caused the lorry to slow down and take evasive action to prevent an accident. So, it became my fault and hence the 8 demerit points arose.

I will like to thank Mr. Heng Ngu Ang Meng, my driving instructor for teaching and imparting me his driving knowledge to me. I remembered my first lesson that the car engine had stalled many many times which some almost result to an accident. Perhaps, it is all because of these dangerous incidents that I had encountered, driving is something I think I must concentrate and be prudent. Thank You Mr. Heng.

No comments: