How will it affect your life when (for example) there will not be any buses from tomorrow onwards? Will you think that life is meaningless without buses?"
What do you people think if 1 day, buses are no longer on the roads, what will you guys do and how would u react? These two questions are posted into the bus forums by a fellow senior bus fan. These are questions worth pondering.
Supposedly, there will not be any buses from tomorrow onwards; I think many people lives will be greatly affected. There will be no buses to bring us around especially the feeder buses to the nearest MRT station for ease of transfer. There will be no school bus to fetch those primary school pupils to their respective schools. Our lives will be greatly disrupted. This will be akin to a virtual “blackout” in Singapore. Buses actually are integral tools for transportation.
In terms of my interests in buses, I guess I will miss the buses that I once saw moving in the streets. These buses ought to be preserved like the oldest bus stop in Lim Chu Kang. However, I am of the view that our life will not become meaningless without buses. Nevertheless, my standard of living will drop without buses as I have lost one area of interest.
Buses or rather studying of bus routes have been my interests since young. Since young, I have been reading Transitlink Bus Guides and have memorised a couple of bus routes. For years, I have been pondering this question of why I cannot memorise my formulae and concepts and studies as well as compared to things related to my interests like bus routes. Some people can memorise the prices of shopping bags and other related stuffs from the various places and thus they know which place to find the best deals. Others can memorise many musical notes of the numerous songs and are able to play them out in the correct order and play them exceptionally well. Perhaps, the answer to the question posed can be found in due time. Besides, interests can be applied to other areas. For example, I have an interest in identifying the type of buses with their bus serial plate numbers before I get to know the name of the different type of buses. Hence, this interest has led to my inclination of number patterns and a bit of mathematics. I feel that buses make me what I am today.
Okay back to the question, if there are no buses as of tomorrow, the interests of identifying the different type of buses with their bus serial numbers may be lost but my inclination of number patterns will still remain. Instead of putting all the eggs in one basket, focus on all the interests that one may have and to ensure that the flames within one keep burning all the time. Only that, one can have an enjoyable life even if there are no buses as of tomorrow.
UPDATE: New bus service AC7 from Yishun to JB
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment