Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Let's walk from Kent Ridge Park to Harbourfront.




Photos are taken by my friend.


The event dubbed "Let's Walk" is conducted at 30th December 2008 which is the second last day of the year. Actually, I was quite fatigued when I turned up for this event as I slept at around 0200 hrs on the same day and woke up at 0630 hrs. I was playing a dota match with my friend and his friends and it was quite a memorable - Not a good one actually but that's another story - match for me.
It was sunny and gradually became hot as the time ventures towards noon. All of us turned up at Buona Vista MRT station and we took a bus to Science Park. So, here we began the Kent Ridge Heritage Trail. There were many trees, a couple of flowers and murky and clear waters in our whole adventure. However, as time goes by, the weather starts to become merciless to us as it becomes hotter, taking a toll on our stamina. Nevertheless, as I walked closer to the Henderson Waves, there were quite a few good scenaries which made me feel revitalised. The wave like structure bridge across Henderson Road really lives up to its name. The treetop walk makes me feel that I am top of some trees. It feels great to be on the top sometimes.
Lastly, we arrived at Harbourfront at around 2 plus, relishing our drinks. I feel tired, exhausted but satisfied of being aware of this trail now.

No comments: