Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Friday, January 30, 2009

So called answer to the brain teaser qn.

Hmm. The answer to the previous brain teaser qn is, "Does the lady who always tells the truth holds the key to the gold bar?"
Then I realise that I have not made myself clear in the question in the previous blog post. I have not mentioned about one lady holding a key to the box containing cookies and the other holding a key to the box containing the gold bar.


Upon analysing it, suppose the lady who tell the truth hold the key to the gold bar.
If I pick the lady who always tell lies and ask her this question, she will say no.
If I pick the lady who always tell the truth and ask her this question, she will say yes.

Suppose the lady who tell the lies hold the key to the gold bar.
If I pick the lady who always tell lies and ask her this question, she will say yes.
If I pick the lady who always tell the truth and ask her this question, she will say no.

So, in both situations, when you ask this question to a lady, and the lady answers yes. That lady holds the key to the gold bar.

Logic is so confusing.

No comments: