Woah. Finally a new entry after about a month of slacking. Today is a day when many thoughts just flooded my mind. I went for a seminar that is co-organised by the National Environment Agency and North East Community Development Council with regards to the Action, Care for the Environment (ACE) plan. Before the participants start to brainstorm their plans, the Earth Hour video was shown. That is the same video that makes me feel rather touched when I have watched it one year ago.
Last year, I went to the Earth Hour at the Singapore Flyer. Everything is off and my friends and I were holding candles admiring the light. This year is a bit different. I went to the Earth Hour organised in NUS. It was totally cool as the night scenary from level 6 University Hall is magnificant. However, I think that the scenary at level 7 Miltary Medicine Institute which is a walk away is more beautiful since the tall pencil like Centrennial Tower and the SIA building can be seen very clearly.
Somehow, I notice that somehow bright lights conceal the inner beauty of the environment. Even if all the lights are off, I believe that I can still see the outline of the buildings. Earth Hour to me is more of allocating an hour for me to refelct my actions that I have done this year. As usual, I am graatful to be alive and kicking and also grateful that my parents and siblings are also alive too. During the hour of switch off, many memories of the past are switched on. The memories of doing homework and playing catching in primary schools, the starting of mugging process and CCAs in secondary schools, the rampant usage of the word "stress" in JC's time are replaying vividly before me.
In my entire life, I spend 4 years to learn how to talk, 1 year to learn how to walk, 20 years of studying and still counting. During these years, I don't know how I develop an interest in buses. I suspect it is the hands action that I have made since primary school but I am unsure of how I pick up that. To many people, the hand actions have no meaning but to me, somehow, a vivid picture of me driving that particular bus going from places to places appear before me. However, I certainly know that I begin to associate number plates to certain models which is a reason why I develop an interest for number pattern as well.
So, I also don't know how I join grassroots. Perhaps it is just fated.
Anyway, there is accompanying music during the hour of darkness while the ambience is great. My wish for this year is I hope that I can bring my parents to a place where they can enjoy and have fun.
UPDATE: New bus service AC7 from Yishun to JB
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment