Oh!!! Holidays have arrived. Finally, I can take a break and have a Kit kat. Just joking. Anyway, just recently, I have gone to the guitar and the harmonica concert on 29th of May 2005. The concert was not too bad except for one thing that happens on that day which a fierce lady keep venting her anger on our class because we booked the seats in one part of the auditorium. I feel amazed by her reactions to this trival matter to me. More shocked rather than awed. Sigh!!!! This causes Joanne to be very sad. I just ponder about the rationale of making a big fuss about this.
Upon reflecting on this incident, I feel that it is quite inconsiderate to sort of reserve seats in the auditorium but I think she should not have shouted and making a din here because she can indirectly hurt someone by her verbal abuse and tone. Besides, upon further analysing, on that day, I see many seats available at other parts of the auditorium and so she can sit on any available seats. It is not as if there are no seats available in the auditorium and we are still reserving the seats for our friends. That act to me is considered inconsiderate.
I went to Orchard with my family last Saturday. As usual, my cousins and I went to a bookstore to read some books. I read about self improvement books about making friends and I have jotted some points in the books.
Handling people
1. Don't condemn, complain or criticise others.
2. Give honest and sincere appreciation.
3. Arouse in the other person an eager want.
Ways to make people like you
1. Become genuinely interested in other people.
2. Smile
3. Remember that a person's name is the few words that that person likes best.
4. Be a good listener.
All these things seem familiar to me but yet I am not practising it. Sigh!!! I have to improve on his skill.
UPDATE: New bus service AC7 from Yishun to JB
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment