Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

A new me

It has been almost three weeks since I have last blogged. These three weeks were filled with enriching experiences and very valuable lessons that I possibly could not learn in the classroom. First up is the Track and Field Meet 2005 in the 28th of April 2005. A few days before the actual meet, I have problems handling the recruitment of the participants involved in the March Pass as many students are not aware that they are in for March Pass. Perhaps, the House Captains just write down their names in the list of participants for the March Pass without informing them. Luckily, Mr.Alex Lee, our teacher has managed to help us avert this imminent and impending disaster. Luckily, the whole Track and Field Meet 2005 is a success and there are not much screw ups during the March Pass in the actual Track and Field Meet 2005. Everyone has laughter and fun at that time and of course many free drinks and free foods. This is one experience that I will probably never forget because this is the first time that I have organising this event and luckily it turns out to be successful. Through this thingy, I have witnessed my own flaws and my own weakness. Therefore, I shall strive to minimise my flaws and overcome my weakness and be a new me.
On the 30th of April 2005, I went out with my classmates to Alvin's church. That was quite a new experience for me because I had never attended a church and I had never known about what the atmosphere would be like. The songs that Alvin had sung were appealing to my ears. It was as though that a rock band was singing and the sounds produced there was simply terrific. Although I was not used to the fact that every sentence that they were singing were praising Jesus, I began to love the music and attempted to adapt to this new environment. The speech that Alvin and the youth leader have given is simply very convincing. They talked about opening up our hearts and trying out new things. In my mind, I was cogitating about what is my purpose of living in this earth where pollution already prevails and man are killing themselves. Til then, both of them are the keys to the treasure chest that has been locked for around 17 years. I realised what is the purpose of my life and there was one thing that was stemming me and that was my confidence. My low level of confidence was impeding me into directing myself towards that purpose of my life that I wish to have. I fear that I will take a risk because I have not attempted it yet. After going to the church, we went for a dinner and Alvin treated us to Swensens and I ate an ice cream.
Tests are around the corner as May approaches. I got 68% for my maths and I have this strong feeling that my love for maths has become more and more distant. I began to feel the struggle of the difficulty of grasping cerain concepts in certain chapters. I was feeling very down and weary after long hours of school. The burden that I was carrying everyday to school and back to home was simply too heavy for me. Luckily, there was this Labour Day on the 1st of May 2005 to provide me with a day of rest and a day to catch up. On this day, I went to Woodlands to accompany my friends for revisions and to do our homework. With friends, we all managed to study for 8 hours without rest. That was one miracle for me as I had never persevered for that long before.
As May approaches, I can feel the immense atmosphere of competitions approaching. SYFs and sports competitions have been on the topic in AJC as many students are chatting about the rigorous training schedules and their hardwork and utmost efforts put specially for their respective competitions.
Stopping here!!!!
Avoid scaracity thinking

No comments: