Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Monday, March 28, 2005

Traffic lights

Today I have an extraordinary experience to share. I am discussed at 1 pm today after the chemistry lectures since I have no lessons after 1 pm, so I have decided to go home early to do my assignments. During my journey home, at AMK Avenue 3, there is a minor traffic jam as the traffic lights are faulty. There are sounds of the honking horns by the cars on one part of the stretch of the road AMK Avenue 3 as impatient motorists keep pressing their horns and grumbling about the jam. The traffic warden is busily moving here and there just to act like a traffic light, to give the green light for the cars to move and to give the red light for the cars to stop. He has been very busy running here and there and using his hand signals to signal to the motorists of what to do to avoid an accident. This brings to me the idea of a traffic light. Although it may seem quite common and insignificant to many of us, without it or without traffic lights on the road, road systems will be in chaos. Really, I just feel that many times, we just take things for granted and that includes me too because we already have this thing. The value of the things that we all possess plunge although sometimes we ourselves do not know it. There are too many things that we possess and one can agrue that we cannot certainly spend all the time cherishing it and wasting time to take good care of it. Besides, our lives are very busy and in this contemporary world, time is money and time is running out fast. However, this traffic light incident has reminded me not to take things for granted. Although we are constantly reminded and nagged by our teachers, our elders, our parents and so on, we always forget all these golden advices. I really have to reflect on this.

No comments: