Yesterday, I went out with a group of friends to Marina Square to celebrate Jiaxing's birthday. We met at City Hall MRT station control. So, from my house, I can take 147. I reached the bus stop at 1635 but the bus came at 1655. Woah 20 minutes wait. Not only that, the bus is like 85-90% packed. So, everyone is squeezing inside the bus. However, halfway on my journey, when the bus is around 70-80% packed and a commuter flags the bus at some distance from the bus stop, the bus driver ignored and continued to drive on. I can understand that the bus driver must be behind schedule but I guess customer service should always come first. One can't expect that passenger to continue waiting for this service since there are still some spaces available in the bus. If I am that passenger, I will get very frustuated.
Besides, I have noticed the pattern that 147 buses always disappear between the 1630 - 2000. Perhaps a serious bunching problem has occurred during this period. While I was waiting for the bus, I saw 3 service 147 buses passing by. Sigh!!! It is very frustuating to see the service worsen.
On the other hand, it was a good choice to dine out at Swensen during birthdays. So, since Jiaxing's birthday was on yesterday, we got one main course and one ice cream free. Besides, as Swensen is celebrating some award which I guess is some excellent service or performance award, they are introducing some 1-1 package for sundae.
So, guess wat. We order 1 Giant Earthquake and we get another Earthquake free.
So, in the end, all of us were very full especially we had to clear up lots and lots of scoops of ice cream. For the flavours of the Earthquake, on normal circumstances, people tend to choose the 8 flavours. For us, we exclude the flavours that we don't like or was not available. Then, when the 2 earthquakes came simultaneously, people who were dining at neighbouring tables turned their heads and looked at us while the waiter calmly placed the 2 earthquakes on our tables and poured some water into a bottle of dry ice, causing columns of smoke to be emitted. The 1-1 thing was indeed a surprise and we really enjoyed ourselves.
UPDATE: New bus service AC7 from Yishun to JB
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment