Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Just a thought

Recently, I have become more and more frustrated of working at Dieppe. Although I am well aware of how lucky I am to be posted at Dieppe which is a stay out unit, I still feel sian and frustrated.

The first incident, in today, I have made an appointmnt with NSman to MMI for his Treadmill test. I have asked him regarding about which day he is free to do his tradmill. He mentioned 19th of November. I called MMI and found out that the slots for 19th of Nov 07 is fully booked. So, I slot him on the 16th of Nov 07. I called and informed him and he said ok. After that, the Admin site said that I will have to reschedule his appointment on another date. And the reason is because they can't pay him while he is on ICT period. This reason is rather amusing as just because of this trival reason, I will have to reschedule him. Besdies, they said that I can schedule him on the 9th or 12th of Nov 07. lol. Schedule is so tight and I doubt MMI have the slots for him. What about the payment for asking him to come down for the treadmill?

I have been wondering, since he has spoken to me that he will come down for tradmill during his ICT period, the admin site can treat this like a last minute walk in and pay him accordingly using manual payments. I guess with the introduction of e health, more administration procedures have been laid out instead and hence all of us have more work to do. I was thinking, with the introduction of new systems, shouldn't things be made easier. If not, I will rather utilise the old system instead as it is more reliable and less work.

Another factor that I am getting frustrated is that I finally realise more significantly the difference between work friends and personal friends. We can be good friends but when both of us are working together, the situation can be different.
For example, there will be office politics all over. I am starting to realise this recently. People have been trying hard to be lazy. Of course, that is human nature. But isn't sharing workload the way to go to ensure fairness? Perhaps I feel indignant as the workload currently now is not evenly distributed among us. Though, I dislike doing treatment stuffs like cleaning wounds and drawing bloods, I can do it voluntarily if no one is around and I have to draw blood on that person.
Knowing stuffs such as the admin procedures are good. However, the problem comes if you know too much and you are being too responsible and efficient. Other people from other branches will come and look for you to assist them in filling up some medical information which I am proficient in digging out in the system. Imagine, I am unaware of anything, I can just push the things to other people to do. Of course, if that guy has so many things to do, I will try and help them in whatever way I can. It is because of the above statement, I unknowingly learned some MOPA skills. I learned how to type clinical entries, do a statement of case in prior to a medical board, doing medical board stuffs all by myself. However, I just remained as an assistant to my colleague who is a MOPA. In case he requires assistance for me to type some case, I wil assist. Of course, my main role is still to trace docket which contain medical information, make appointments, track X Ray flow.

Perhaps I am frustrated by the fact that work is just conveniently pushed to me and a few other colleagues to do. In my opinion, it is always this few people who gets the lion's share of the job. I am always the one that gotten the scoldings from two Nsmen which really angered me till emotions got the better of me. All because I volunteer to inquire more about him. For the most recent case, I have documented in I guess end sep or early oct entry in the blog. I feel that everything is arrowed to me.
From the latest din created by me and the NSman, I have realised that I need to learn how to control my emotions in certain tense situations. Especially in situations when I know I am reasoning with people who I know obviously that they are at fault, I will tend to lose control and unleash my anger. I have done that previously on AJC Service Learning project. So, now I tolerate the Nsman's nonsense in the recent incident as I know that being service oriented, it seems inappropiate to quarrel and scold him as it might have serious repercussions. I guess that I will have much to learn be it emotionally, mentally and in work.

Thinking back 2 years ago, I feel glad that I have joined the Residents Committee. It provides me a chance to learn more about leadership, learn more about social interacting skills, persuasive skills. I recall a period when my friend deals with a rather tense situation in a composed manner. There is a guy who complain to him about things not done and so on and so forth. He explains to him, maintains his stand while he phrases his words which sound soothing to the ears. He will be my role model to learn more about social interacting skills. Human relationships especially relationships at work can fluctuate quite a lot.

Looking back at the things that I have written just now, my thoughts seem to be disorganised but in summary, it all zooms down to venting out my frustrations on this blog, my aim of controlling my emotions in tense situations.

Anyway, enjoy your day. I hope that evryone is in good health.

No comments: