Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Z Pop Concert

Today is a fun filled day yet and a tiring day and yet a sad day for me. This day is a day when I am experiencing many different emotions. In the afternoon, while I was on my journey to City Hall, I was boarding bus 147 to Victoria Street. In the bus, there were many acts of kindness as the youngsters and the middle aged people give up their seats to the elderly. First, when the bus arrives Upper Serangoon Road, I witnessed a middle aged woman giving up her seat to another old lady carrying a walking stick. That really made me happy. I was feeling happy at that time because it was a rare moment to witness such acts of kindness in a bus. When the bus approached Bendemeer Road, another middle aged woman was giving up her seat to another old lady who was walking unsteadily. The third act of kindness occurs when the bus was reaching Serangoon Central, another middle aged woman was giving up her seat to an old man. Three acts of kindness were displayed and I had seen them all in the bus 147 while I was going to City Hall. :)
Upon arriving City Hall, Diana, her cousin, and I went to the new National Library in Victoria Street. Upon arriving there, I was full of anxiety about tremendous amount of books located there and the wonderful and nice facilities being well installed in the newly opened National Library which opened yesterday. However, upon arriving there, I was astounded by the one rule in the library that we were not allowed to bring bags into the library. Maybe, the security guards were tightening their security as bags might contain bombs. Another thing that I felt strongly was that in lvl 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 of the library, there were no books. The books were situated at lvl 7 or above. So, in order to browse those wonderful books in the National Library, we had to use the escalator to go to lvl 7. Besides that, the books in lvl 7-11, the books were not for loan. They were only reference books. Sigh!!! Besides, the topics were very specific for each level. At level 7, the books were all about history of countries and in lvl 8, the books were all about business management. So, the books there were not really suitable for me to read for the moment. Furthermore, when I browsed one of the books there, that book entitled "History of the Middle East" gives a overview about the Middle Eastern countries. It talked about the many different aspects of life in the Middle Eastern countries. It talked about the society, economy, geography and politics in the Middle East. By the way, the things that the books were written were at the villagers level. The contents were very detailed and I think that those books were very suitable for research on the Middle Eastern countries.
After visiting the National Library, we went to Mac to have a rest and to eat. After eating for about fifteen minutes, we went to Suntec City Convention Centre to watch the Z pop concert. The concert was an eye opener as this was the pioneer time that I was going to a concert at such a massive scale with mayn famous singers such as JJ Lim Jun Jie, Tanya, Celest and many more famous singers. Basically, I found out that sitting down on the floor could be quite tiring as my feet were getting numb as I sat on the floor, cross legged, for a few hours. I witnessed the idea of image coming in when the celebrities were dressed up in a certain way that really depicted a certain personality. First impression is really important as in the case of the superstars as they need to be popular with the masses and having a good first impression certainly enhances their popularity. The climax was at 9 pm when JJ Lim Jun Jie finally appeared before us, attracting swarms of crowds, especially ladies and I could tell you that he was really talented. Firstly, he could sing well. Secondly, he could play piano and sing at the same time and thirdly, he could play the piano and his mouth at the same time. The term here "playing his mouth" refers to using one's mouth to create rhytms and beats. For JJ, he used his mouth to produce fast moving beats and rhytms that were indeed good. I loved his beats and rhytms and they made me feel like shaking my body.
After the Z Pop Concert, I went home by taking a bus and so I went to the bus stop just outside Suntec. However, the roads were still closed due to NDP so there were no buses plying on the road. So I walked to another bus stop. Then after standing at the bus stop a few minutes, two tourists were approaching me to ask for directions because they were lost due to bus diversions. But then, actually I was not really sure of the temproary routes that the buses take. So, actually, there were two ways. The first way is to take bus 111 to Stamford Road and take bus 147, 166, to their hotel. However, I didn't really know on how to explain which stop to alight because they were tourists and they were not really familiar with the places in Simgapore. The second way is to take the MRT and then transfer a bus to their hotel. However, the walking part to the MRT was really far from the bus stop where I was standing. So, I feel really sad for being unable to help them.
I have told this incident to Diana and I am grateful to her for consoling me and making me feel more relaxed. I believe that time can heal my wounds and my disturbance.

No comments: