Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Exams over

Although it may seem a little bit too late to pen down my thoughts about the fact that my mid year exams are now over as it has ended last Thursday, I will still write down my feelings about it. First feeling or emotion that I have is the sense of intense relief as I won't have to study for a period of time. I can spend my time on other areas such as recovering my health and cough and playing games and to pursue my passion. Coincidentally, these few days are holidays and they act as long breaks for me to recover my helath.
Last Thursday, I had my tuition with my students. This time, I was more confident than the previous lesson probably because of the fact that I was more prepared and I had known them better during my first lesson. I had finished the topic about the particulate nature oif matter. I intend to give them a lesson on ionic and covalent compounds but later, I revised with them about mole concept since they had mini tests about mole concepts tomorrow. I hoped that they would have studied or revised a little about the test and recalled what I have said.
During these few days, I had watched movies and played some LAN games. On Saturday, I played LAN games with my friends which is Dota Allstars. It is a quite a new game and it has attracted a lot of people who are fans of Warcraft III. It really tests on one's speed and accuracy and also strategy. Based on my performance on last Saturday, I had one conclusion and that is I scored 0 points for all three categories. Congratulations for me scoring the lowest point overall. I think that games are tools that enhance our minds, to be quick and flexible and most importantly to think. However, constant patronising the Cybercafe certainly costs me a bomb. My expenses really shot up and hence I have decided not to go today.
Besides, on that day, I also went with my friends to watch a movie entitled "War of the Worlds". Initially, the story really allured me to watch it. It really criticised about man being complacent because of the fact that they think that they are the best race on Earth until one day, when aliens attempted to invade the Earth. These aliens also are very intelligent according to the movies. They have buried high technology robots long ago deep below the Earth and on one day, when there are dark and grey clouds hovering the big sky. People thought that they were just normal and ordinary clouds signifying that rain was coming. Actually, when thunder stuck, one could hear large sound seemingly the sound of electricity rather than the sound of thunder. One special point about the clouds was that the lightning always struck at one place. This is the first step to mankind's destruction as aliens travelled via the lightning to the robots deep underground. After that, there was an immense earthquake and the robots just came out from underground and started shooting the innocents. Many people died as shown in the movie while numerous buildings were damaged. Tom Cruise played the role of a father and he had been entrusted the responsibility to take care of his son and daughter. The first part was quite good as the movie mentioned about the father not having a good relationship with his son and his daughter would have asthma attack if she was frightened. For the middle part of the movie, it showed how the escape of the these three persons. The story was really realistic and good. The feelings displayed by the actors and actresses seem to be so real that a disaster has happened on a very large scale. The three of them were fleeing for their lives. In the movie, it had also shown the fact that man is selfish. However, for the last part, it had ended quite abuptly and I think that something is missing. For full details, watch the movie "War of the World".

No comments: