Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Friday, June 17, 2005

A "Professional" Teacher

Yesterday was indeed a bad day for me. However, that bad day gave me a lot of learning points and experience. When I reached there with Eng Choon accompanying me, I felt nervous. Even when I was teaching, I felt nervous with eyes staring at me. First things first, when I reached there, my former P.E . teacher called Miss Yvonne Ong last time told me that my dress was inappropiate. Ok, I wear a T-Shirt with Daffy Duck in front of the shirt and shorts. Miss Ong said that I should have worn long pants and a T-shirt with a collar.
I have this misconception that I was going to have peer tutoring with the students. Actually, I should be behaving like a teacher. For yesterday's lesson, the students were all girls. They were quite nice and kind to me. They listened attentively while I was teaching them chemistry. Besides, for yesterday, I was not prepared for the lesson because I did not prepare any lecture notes before the lesson. Sigh!!! I should have prepared some notes for them to refer to. I think that this will be quite a good experience for me because I have learnt that being a teacher is actually not easy. A teacher has to do lots of preparations before coming for class. He or she has to plan what she is going to teach in the class. I will try to overcome the nervous in me and I believe that for the next lesson, I will be more confident in the class as chemistry is one of my favourite subject. It is very fun.

No comments: