Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Monday, December 20, 2004

History of myself (1987-1995)

Since I have nothing to do now, I shall sort of write a blog about the history of myself.

After I was born out of my mother's womb in November 15 1987, I saw the first beam of light shining to my eyes. I was born in KK Hospitial at that time. My mum and dad was very happy that they have a male child. That day was really a good and happy day for everyone.


Under my mother and my father's care, I grew up. Of course, my grandparents and my uncles also doted me a lot. My family often went to Bendemeer Road to visit my grandparents once a week. My mum hired a nanny to take care of me because my dad and my mum are both working people. I just ran around my nanny's house since young and I seldom watched television unlike my little brother. My mother also told me that when I was in the past, I didn't like pacifier out of unknown reason. So, when I cried, my mum and my nanny had a hard time thinking of ways to pacify me. My uncles also liked to play with me. It was a very good time.

When I was in K2, my mother signed me up for the abacus class. I started to have an interest for abacus and maths. Ya, I was very appalled about how the abacus could be used to calculate things quickly. Soon, I picked up the skill of "playing" with abacus. Besides that, when I was in K2, and when I was in my grandparents' house, I would run to one corner to watch the stretch of busy road, not to watch the array of cars travelling at the busy Bendemeer Road, but to watch the buses passing by. I liked to watch public buses especially.

In Pri 1, I was in a school called Serangoon Garden South School in 1994. I felt very uneasy when I first stepped into the school. I learnt many things there like English, Maths and Chinese and Science. I boarded school bus to go to the school and to go back home from the school. I often talked to the driver and the auntie in the school bus about school. As usual, the auntie always told me to work very hard and so on. Besides, in Pri 1, I started to read Translink Guides when I found them in one of the cupboards in my grandparents' house. I started to read with interest. I soon learnt the routes of many bus numbers. By the way, in Pri 1, I went to have a checkup in IOH (now HPB). I was certified that I have colour blindness. Sigh!!! Thus, with colour blindness, one could not apply for these jobs related to electronics, chemist and so on.

In pri 2, I didn't remember much in this year just that, that was the year where I had completed the abacus course and I had a certificate.

No comments: