Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Slacked days

Yesterday was a slacked day for me since I am now writing a blog after midnight. Ever since after the sign language performance has ended, I was staying at home and feeling very bored. At home, my little brother was hugging the computer for more than 10 hours daily. Time is very precious so for this 10 hours, I utilised it to do my homework. In the afternoon, I accompanied my mother and my little sister to go to Ang Mo Kio. We had some sight-seeing there to view the beautiful and magnificent scenary there. (construction sites) I play some couple of games for about 1 hour after my little brother was watching television. After that, just now, I was feeling very bored so I played online Othello with one of my online mates. I play three matches with him. I lost the first match but I won the second and the third match. I liked especially the third match as I had to make a very difficult decisions. For the third match, what happened was that my online mate and I started playing othello as usual. I was using the black counters and he was using the white counters. As usual, we played til a point that in the othello board, there were many white counters while there were only a few black counters.Most of the sides were occupied by the white counters. At that time, I had only 2 moves left. I pondered and stumped for a while and my heart started to work harder to pump more O2 to my brain. Suddenly, I saw one loophole and hehe, I had made a move. After that, he made a move that was totally unexpected and at this point in time, I also only had 2 moves left. The first move is quite safe as that move involved taking a corner. However, if I made this decision to annex that corner, he would do the same to me and I might lose. For the second move, I put a counter at the adjacent of the corner. That was a more risky move as if anything went wrong, game over. So, I pondered again. Suddenly, I remembered the Singapore Government urging more people to take risks, to taste what failure is like and to learn from their failures. So, I had decided to make the second move. Luckily for me, I won that match 53-11 for black counters to white counters. What an enriching day for me.

No comments: