I had chem peer tutoring programme for the past few days on the 27th and the 28th of Dec 2004 although I didn't know that I didn't need to come on the 27th of Dec 2004. It was quite bored as the tutees keep on sharing their experiences about hairstyles, handphones and so on. Some of them utilised the chem peer tutoring programme to do the chem holiday assignment.
27 Dec 2004 - After the chem peer tutoring, Diana, Chin Kai, Hsueh Yu and me went to revise some work at a Mac on the ground level of a HDB block. Wow. That is one place that I have not been there before so next time if I want to find a quiet place to study, that is it. At about 2pm, Diana and Hsueh Yu went home while Chin Kai and I went to AMK popular to search for some notes and CDs. Sigh!!! The maths textbooks are all wrapped up. I couldn't even browse through them. What a disappointment. Later, I went to Chin Kai's house to get some maths notes and homework. Boarding bus 86 from AMK to Sengkang to me was a long trip as I slept on the bus. After that, Chin Kai and me went to Hougnag Mall to photocopy the notes for me and to go shopping. One shop in Hougang while we are on our way to the bus stop going home sells interesting stuffs. The shop sells sodium bicarbonate powder, ammonia powder and other compounds that I have learnt in Chemistry. It sells the compounds that are available in chem laboratory. What an interesting shop.
28 Dec 2004- After the chem peer tutoring programme, Diana nad Chin Kai and me took bus 851 to town. Chin Kai was going to Bugis Junction while Diana and me went to North Bridge Road. Firstly, we visited the Indian restaurant again to taste Indian food. This time, I was much adapted to the taste of the Indian curry and other delicacies there. The foods taste more delicious to me now although my tongue still feel as if it was burning. After that, we went to Suntec City for shopping. Diana sure is a pro at shopping. She can walk long distances and shop for long hours. We look at some winter coats, hats and so on. After about 3 hours of shopping, we went to Milliena Square foodcourt to revise our work. The foodcourt looks deserted to me. While we were revising our work, water droplets drop from the sky and it started to rain cat and dogs. We had intended to go Clarke Quay for sightseeing so we waited until the rain had abated. At 6pm, we went to Clarke Quay and the things there could really burn holes in many of our wallets. We strolled around that area seeing the "wonderful and magnificient" Singapore River and the small riverboats in that area. By the way, one boat ride costs 60 dollars flat. That was very expensive. I can take public buses to tour the whole Singapore with this 60 dollars. At around 7pm, we went to eat satay there. One middle aged man apparently the boss there approaches us and asked us about the reasons why we are staying out in the night while taking our orders. Oh, we are going to view Clarke Quay magnificent night scenary. lol. While he was taking our oders, he said to us that don't look at the prices, just order. After eating the satay, we went for a stroll again. The place there seemed deserted although there were some tourists patronising some bars there. Diana took some photos of the magnificent scenary in Clarke Quay. Finally, at around 8pm, we were done with our sightseeing and we went home.
UPDATE: New bus service AC7 from Yishun to JB
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment