Stage 2 of Circle Line (between Marymount and Bartley) is opening in 28th May 2009. Stations that are open are Bartley, Serangoon, Lor Chuan, Bishan and Marymount.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Tsunamis

Life has to go on despite hearing bad news of tsunamis ravaging and creating havoc on coastal areas near India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Thailand. The earth will continue to rotate from east to west. I express my deepest condolences to those people who have lost their kin or relatives. Indeed, Singapore is a safe place to live in and I suddenly feel very fortunate to live here. I don't have to fear that natural disasters will occur here. This Asia killer waves that was occurred in Dec 26 2004 had a very great impact on me compared to other natural disasters as newspaper reports had indicated that luckily for Singapore, Sumatra had helped to block the tsunamis from ravaging Singapore. I can't imagine if tsunamis sweep away the houses and buildings in Singapore.
Some things really cannot be underestimated. Water may seem harmless but this time, it had killed about 81k people.
Lastly, hope that everyone can remain jovial and jubilant despite the occurrance of tsunamis.

No comments: